self portrait

Texture= the texture is gold. This symbolizes how I never feel good enough as a daughter, sister, and friends.
Black and white= I included this in the photograph to symbolize again not being good enough.
Confusion= The expression on my face represents my not understanding of why I feel this way or if I am this way.
Person behind door=The person is used in this way to represent my OCD and what my mind thinks of when I check  behind the door, in my closet, or check if the door is locked.
Black and white= This gives the photo eeriness which symbolizes the feeling I get when I have a feeling that I have to check something.
Black and white= this symbolizes sadness and feeling trapped by my anxiety.
Shadow= this symbolizes my anxiety my self and how it's always trying to ruin my life by saying "what if'" to everything.
Note: Most of my anxiety is under control now but this is what it felt like and when it comes back this is what it feels like.

                 In all of my pieces their is something I wish I could go back and improve. In the gold one i wish I could have made it look more like gold. In the one with the person behind the door I wish I could have made the person creepier and the person holding the door look more like they're actually there. For the shadow one I would have liked to make the shadow look like it was whispering instead of crying. I have used techniques we learned this year like overlay in the gold and shadow one and cloning in the shadow one and person behind door one. I met most of my goals on this project but wish I didn't have to explain the pieces for people to understand. My work has changed a lot over the semester from just snapping a photo to really thinking about each one. I am not so sure what people would think about my portraits but I hope that the anxiety one helps people understand that anxiety is not just something you can get over quickly but needs time. From having anxiety I have learned that many people just don't get how it feels so my hope was for this to better understand. If I were a teacher I think I would give this a good score because I think it met most standards. I already talked about what I would do differently and I hope my skills in Photoshop will continue to improve. If I could do this again I might change some of the posing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GUARANTOR POWERS - SELF PORTRAIT TRIPTYCH